Internews through its project Horriat Taabir aims to enhance the capacity of journalists and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Morocco to inform the public about the Access to Information (A2I) law and effectively monitor its implementation. As part of this initiative, Internews plans to develop an online platform that will host an interactive online training and e-learning module that will empower journalists and CSOs to utilize the government’s national A2I platforms to create high-quality public interest content and campaigns. To ensure easy accessibility and seamless user experience.
The primary goal of this consultancy is to develop a user-friendly platform that will serve as an e-learning platform for hosting the interactive online training module on accessing information that will be developed by Internews.
The platform should achieve the following objectives:
- a) Provide easy access to the training modules for journalists, CSOs, and other stakeholders.
- b) Offer a seamless and intuitive user experience with a visually appealing interface.
- c) Support interactive features, such as quizzes, exercises, and data-driven content.
- d) Facilitate users engagement and interaction with the training e-learning modules and materials.
- e) Allow users to request specific support and assistance via a helpdesk feature.
- f) Ensure long-term accessibility and maintenance of the platform beyond the project’s period of performance.
Scope of Work:
The consultant(s) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- a) Conducting a needs assessment and analysis to determine the technical requirements and functionalities of the platform.
- b) Designing an intuitive user interface and a visually appealing layout for the platform.
- c) Developing the platform using appropriate web development technologies and standards.
- d) Integrating the interactive online training module into the platform.
- e) Implementing features for participant engagement, such as discussion forums or chat functionality.
- f) Ensuring the platform is optimized for different devices and browsers.
- g) Testing the platform for functionality, usability, and compatibility.
- h) Incorporating feedback and making necessary revisions based on input from Internews and other stakeholders.
- i) Providing recommendations for the hosting, maintenance, and long-term accessibility of the platform.
The consultant(s) will deliver the following outputs:
- a) A Website development architecture and layouts design proposal.
- b) Developed a fully functional platform with an interactive e-learning component integrated.
- c) Documentation and technical specifications required for hosting, maintenance, and long-term accessibility of the platform.
- d) User guide for the end users of the platform.
e)Documentation for Internews team to manage and update the platform.
- f) Recommendations for hosting, domain registration, and ongoing technical support for the platform.
The expected timeline for the completion of the consultancy is as follows:
Phase 1: Inception and Planning – [10th July] to [30th July]
Phase 2: Design and Development – [August 1st ] to [August 30th]
Phase 3: Testing, Revisions, and Finalization – [ September 1st] to [30th September]
The ideal consultant(s) should possess the following qualifications:
- a) Demonstrated experience in websites development and web design, including interactive features and multimedia integration. (Highly Preferable worked on similar projects with CSO’s)
- c) Strong knowledge of user experience (UX) principles and responsive design.
- d) Experience in implementing e-learning platforms or similar educational websites is desirable.
- e) Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with Internews and other stakeholders.
- f) Proficiency in English and Arabic languages.
- g) Experience in working with the Civil Society sector is a plus.
The consultant(s) will report directly to the Project Manager and the MERL officer at Internews. Regular communication and progress updates will be required throughout the development process.
All intellectual property rights related to the developed platform and training modules will be owned exclusively by Internews. The consultant(s) will not have any claim or ownership rights over the developed materials.
Budget and Payment Terms:
The budget allocation for this consultancy will be determined through a separate agreement between Internews and the consultant(s). Payment terms, including installment schedules and deliverable-based payments, will be specified in the contract.
The consultant(s) shall treat all information provided by Internews as confidential and shall not disclose or use it for any purpose other than the execution of the consultancy. All project-related documents, data, and information shall remain the property of Internews.
The consultant(s) will be selected based on the following criteria:
- a) Relevant experience and expertise in websites development and web design.
- b) Demonstrated understanding of interactive online training modules and e-learning platforms.
- c) Quality and creativity of proposed website design and features.
- d) Timeliness and efficiency in delivering the required outputs.
- e) Cost-effectiveness of the proposed budget.
Internews reserves the right to reject any or all proposals received, to negotiate with any or all proposers, and to cancel the procurement process at any time before the contract award without incurring any liability.
Interested consultants or firms should submit a detailed proposal addressing the objectives, scope of work, methodology, timeline, budget, and consultant profile. Proposals must be submitted to the following E-mail address : MA-Aswatouna@internews.org by the specified deadline.
The deadline for proposal submission is 29 June. Any proposals received after the deadline will not be considered.
For any inquiries or clarifications regarding this TOR, interested parties may contact :