Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Classification: Full Time
Reports to: Project Manager
Internews is a women-led international non-profit organization dedicated to giving people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard. Since its formation in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 100 countries worldwide; Internews has active projects in more than 50 countries throughout Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, and the Middle East.
ASWATOUNA is a DRL-funded media support project in Morocco, the project aims to improve the ability of media actors and women human rights defenders (WHRDs) in Morocco to report on the issue of SGBV and combat harmful gender norms, thereby strengthening accountability of related reforms, laws, and commitments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement M&E tools for the project activities; identify obstacles to implementation and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Lead on creating data collection tools, collecting live data, storing, and cleaning data, analyzing, and reporting on data, in addition to linking research findings and learnings with M&E frameworks.
- Attend project activities and trainings and work with the project team to monitor them properly, in addition to being passionate about being present in the field for observational research purposes and verification of project implementation.
- Write reports, analyze findings, and provide recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting.
- Participate in periodic review and planning meetings, generating minutes and lessons learnt documents and discuss results of data and plan action steps to build on strengths and address the weaknesses.
- Support the project team in conducting field assessments and surveys;
- Provide the Project team with the needed paperwork to help a better planning, monitor and control the activities.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- University degree in economics, statistics, social sciences, or any equivalent is desirable.
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E activities implemented by national/international NGOs;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Familiarity with gender concepts and tools is an assest
- Fluency in English, French and Arabic
- Good writing and/or reporting skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application through Career Center (taleo.net) not later 22 March. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, applications sent beyond that date will not be considered.