Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Middle East and North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (MENA MELS) Activity delivers high-quality technical support for monitoring, evaluation, and learning to the Middle East Bureau, its ten field missions, operating units, and implementing partners. Project services include monitoring systems, evaluations, assessments and research; analysis and synthesis; learning and utilization; and MEL capacity building and training. Additional information on the MENA MELS Project is available here.
Under MENA MELS, the MSI team will conduct an evaluation of the Moroccan Community Resilience Activity (MCRA). MCRA is five-year USAID-funded activity focused on enhancing community resilience to violence extremism by increasing participation and promoting responsive, effective governance. It targets communities in Tangier, Tetouan, M’diq Fnideq-Martil, and Al Hoceima in northern Morocco. MCRA has four sub-purposes including: (1) access to quality services for at-risk groups increased, (2) Moroccan-led countering violent extremism (CVE) and preventing violent extremism (PVE) initiatives enhanced, (3) community resilience strengthened, and (4) research and learning agenda strengthened. This evaluation will examine the relevance of the theory of change and the activity design to achieving expected outcomes. To address the evaluation purpose, the evaluation will examine the activity’s relevance, effectiveness, and prospects for the sustainability of activity outcomes.
**Please note: Only Moroccan citizens are eligible for this position**
The PVE & Community Resilience Subject Matter Expert (SME) will support the team lead and other team members in carrying out all necessary tasks to complete the MCRA evaluation. The PVE & Community Resilience SME will support the team lead in the document review, instrument development, and data collection planning process. The SME will ensure that the methodology is suited to the Moroccan context and operating environment. The SME will also participate in conducting data collection across the MCRA regions, in analyzing the data, and writing sections of the evaluation report. This is a short-term position expected to take place between June – November 2022.
- Identify and analyze research relevant to the evaluation research questions, with a specific focus on community resilience and preventing violent extremism programming.
- Provide contextually relevant information on at-risk groups, community and individual level stressors, conflict dynamics and mitigation strategies.
- Participate in the development and revision of instruments
- In consultation with evaluation specialists, coordinate and conduct data collection efforts including conducting key informant interviews with key stakeholders. Key stakeholders may include government officials, local leaders, CSO and NGO representatives.
- Analyze data and contribute to report writing.
- Support the development and delivery of the evaluation presentation.
- Coordinate with the Team Lead and other team members.
- Must hold at least a Master’s degree in international development, local development, stabilization, public policy, economics, or other relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience working on or researching topics including PVE, community development/resilience, social cohesion, conflict mitigation and resolution, and stabilization preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the MENA region preferred.
- Experienced with community resilience/stabilization programming required.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, writing and oral presentation skills required.
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Arabic required and French preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com