This fully-funded program is an initiative of the @U.S. Department of State. PFP gives professionals aged 25-40 from Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, and Tunisia the opportunity to travel to the United States for six weeks.
During this time the selected Fellows will complete a professional fellowship with an American host organization and design a follow-on project that will improve the economic wellbeing of their communities.
- Entrepreneurs and Social Innovators.
- Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
Bridges Center is the local partner for Legacy International, in charge of identifying and recruiting suitable candidates for the program. Given Tanmia’s wide reach in the field of economic empowerment and social entrepreneurship, I felt that it would be a good path towards getting the information about the program to the right people. I would greatly appreciate it if you could share this information on your website and / or your social media.
For more information, or to apply, please visit https://www.legacyintl.org/pfp/