Regional Finance Officer- Middle East and North Africa (MENA) – Part-Time
Location: This role can be delivered from any of the following cities/countries within the MENA region Rabat, Morocco OR Beirut, Lebanon OR Amman, Jordan.
In Morocco, the role can be office-based or home-based (or a combination of the two). In Lebanon and Jordan the role is fully home-based.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the country where they propose to be based.
Salary and Benefits:
- Amman, Jordan: 14,507 GBP based on 0.6FTE.
- Beirut, Lebanon: 13402 GBP based on 0.6FTE.
- Rabat, Morocco: 11103 GBP (Net pay) based on 0.6FTE.
Benefits include medical insurance and for Lebanon a daily travel allowance.
Contract details: Fixed-term contract for services, until 31st March 2024 with possibility of extension. Part Time – 21 hours per week (0.6FTE)/ 3 days per week.
Regional Finance Officer – MENA
This role will be part of a small team covering MENA region and can be based in either, Jordan, Lebanon or Morocco.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, MENA, with a dotted line (matrix management) to the Regional Finance Business Partner MENA, the Regional Finance Officer (RFO) will play a critical role in assisting WFD’s programmes in the MENA region to meet their objectives by ensuring an accountable and accurate approach to handling programme finances.
Specifically, this role will lead on the financial administration of WFD’s Grant-in-Aid funded portfolio, primarily our programmes in Morocco, Lebanon and Algeria, whilst providing support to smaller scale projects in Tunisia, Jordan and a regional initiative. They will also support financial aspects relating to the development and implementation of new third-party funded projects and programmes, as agreed with the line manager.
In addition the RFO MENA, will be responsible for the accurate and efficient management of financial procedures, developing financial reports and for ensuring excellent communication on, and co-ordination of, important financial information such as forecasts and expenditure.
We are looking for a standout individual with,
At least 3-5 years’ experience in financial management, finance system, policies and procedures, preferably experience in working with INGOs
- Experience of and excellent abilities in accountancy and financial administration, including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting)
- Experience of using accounting packages. Proficient in working with Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Business Central)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and how to integrate good financial management into good project management
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work in a changing environment
- University Degree, CPA or M.com or ACCA, ICAN, Master’s degree in related field.
Apply by 29th July 2023. Visit our website Careers | Westminster Foundation for Democracy (wfd.org)
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is the UK public body dedicated to supporting democracy around the world. WFD is sponsored by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). During the last 30 years WFD has helped democracies grow stronger so that more people benefit from freedom and prosperity. Today our talented team of around 180 colleagues design and deliver programmes in over 40 countries and territories around the world.