Location: Beni Mellal-Maroc
FHI 360, a U.S.-based nonprofit organization, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Manager based in the Beni Mellal-Khénifra region of Morocco to support a planned USAID-funded project aimed at promoting the socio-economic inclusion of marginalized groups in Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance and the enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities in the region.
Support the Director of Finance and Administration in the day-to-day financial management of the project: budget, financial disbursements, financial reporting, VAT… The Manager will also ensure compliance with global standards of excellence and requirements specified by USAID.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial leadership of the project, ensuring the quality, speed, and efficiency of project implementation, day-to-day financial operations, and closing.
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the financial manager will assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the financial operations of the project
- Ensure compliance of financial and operational systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures
- Advise the Director of the department and the Team Leader on the financial situation and availability of funds for project activities
- Prepare weekly cash request and ensure that cash is replenished on time to meet the monthly cash requirements
- Oversee bank transactions including preparation of payment vouchers, maintenance of bank books on daily basis, preparation of all bank account reconciliation statements.
- Upon receipt of approved documentation, check all supporting docs before preparing/processing payment vouchers
- Review monthly payroll and related supporting documents (Timesheets…), and ensure income tax and CNSS contributions are paid within the deadlines
- Prepare check and electronic payments and obtain required signatures
- Record financial transactions (bank and petty cash) on GFAS and ensure that all ledgers are updated on daily basis
- Maintain an advance register for personal and program related cost
- Participate in the management of advances, follow up and liquidation of advances for missions, workshops, staff, partners and consultants.
- Preparation and coordination of the monthly closing work.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting documents
- Preparation and analysis of monthly FHI 360 expenses.
- Participate in the development and analysis of project financial reports such as the pipelines and accruals.
- Work closely with the Grant Manager to contribute to the Grants financial follow up
- Prepare the monthly VAT report and follow up with the donor for the VAT refund
- Assist in the organization and preparation of the various audits of the accounts
- Work closely with the Accountant to maintain a highly secure financial system.
Education and qualifications required
- A Master’s degree or higher in finance and accounting, or another related field or an equivalent diploma or a BAC+4 with at least ten years of experience is required.
- Have at least eight years of experience in the field of accounting and finance.
- Have at least five years’ experience with international organizations, preferably with USAID projects in Morocco.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations regarding grants and contracts is required.
- Required knowledge of accounting budgeting and generally accepted physical control principles
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Experience in building the financial management capacity of community-based organizations and other stakeholders.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets required
- Have an excellent ability to communicate in French, Arabic and English both orally and in writing.
Veuillez soumettre votre candidature, accompagnée d’un CV, à l’adresse électronique suivante : Morocco.ISED@fhi360.org et mettre comme « Objet » de votre message : « Finance Manager ».
Le projet ISED BMK s‘est fermement engagé à embaucher des femmes, des jeunes et des personnes en situation de handicap qualifiées et souhaiterait recevoir leurs CV ainsi que ceux d’autres personnes qualifiées.