DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 38 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Monitoring Evaluation, Research and Learning; Data Solutions; Public Financial Management and Fiscal Sustainability; and Education, Gender, and Youth.
DevTech manages the Morocco Inclusive Education Teacher Training Activity (MITTA). The activity began implementation in July 2021 with the primary objective of supporting inclusive education in Morocco through bilingual deaf education training for teachers of students who are deaf and hard of hearing. The Interpreter/Translator will enable communication between Arabic-speaking Moroccan stakeholders and American implementing partners. The consultant, working simultaneously with the sign language interpreter, will enable communication between University of Tennessee deaf faculty members and the deaf community in Morocco. The consultant will also translate materials for the project. This activity will contribute to the development of all results of MITTA.
CV submitted MUST be in English
Position offers a hybrid schedule of teleworking and in-person attendance for meetings.
The consultant will provide interpreting/translation services Arabic/English to MITTA for:
- Stakeholders meeting where participants cannot communicate in the same language and speak either Arabic or English
- Training sessions where participants cannot communicate in the same language and speak either Arabic or English
- Meetings that have a second interpreter present that is simultaneously interpreting American Sign Language to English, and/or Arabic to Moroccan Sign Language.
- Translations for documents, presentations, official messages, branding for the MITTA project.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s strongly preferred) in translation/interpretation (English-Arabic)
- Native Arabic used in Morocco
- Fluent English
- Experience working with government institutions and/or international development donors/stakeholders
- Experience working with USAD preferred
- Experience working in settings with other interpreters for sign language strongly preferred
Deliverables, Level of Effort, Schedule
The consultant is expected to provide interpretation services following guidelines with the Agreement Coordinator as part of the Scope of Work. All interpretation/translation services are expected to be submitted on time and to be of high-quality. Estimated effort in days for services required are as follows:
|No.||Service||Estimated LOE/days*||Dates of service|
|1||Interpretation English/Arabic||14||As needed|
|2||Meeting with DevTech team pre and post events with stakeholders||1|
*8 hours of work per day
Please share with your application your quote per hour for interpretation and your quote per word for translation.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age (40 and older), physical and mental disability, genetic information (including family medical history) or characteristics, military status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship or alienage, or any other protected status as established by applicable federal, state, or local law.