Job Title: Organizational Director
Organisation: Greenpeace MENA
Reports to: Executive Director
Grade: 18 A
Location: Remotely within 3 hours of Beirut timezone.
The Organisational Director is responsible for providing executive leadership in Finance, HR, IT and legal services in Greenpeace MENA (Middle East and North Africa). The position heads a department that will develop MENA’s organisational operations capacity and provides effective support to the day-to-day operations in the organisation, while leading the development of staff, office environment, policies and infrastructure to enable the organisation to achieve its goals.
The position will also be responsible for providing financial leadership, vision, and oversight for MENA together with the Executive Director (ED). The Organisational Support Director is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) which is responsible for providing executive leadership and direction for the organization.
- Provide direction to the development, execution, and maintenance of effective systems, processes, and procedures for Finance, Human Resources, IT, legal and office administrative support, to enable the organisation to meet its goals and development needs.
- Ensure that the Organisational Support Department models’ best practices in providing services and support to other departments in Greenpeace MENA.
- Ensure that the ED, SMT, and Board are fully informed of organisational performance through the generation of accurate data-driven reports in all areas of organisation support. Ensure compliance with all relevant external legal requirements in order to optimise the security of the organisation, the health, and safety of employees and volunteers, and protect the reputation of Greenpeace.
- Serve as part of the Senior Management Team and collaboratively work together to develop organisational goals and strategies, ensuring all policies and procedures are properly implemented and adhered to by Greenpeace MENA staff.
- Engage in relevant global communities ensuring internal alignment with global standards and project initiatives as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and effective implementation of all financial policies, procedures and the internal control structure for Greenpeace MENA.
- Ensure with the finance team legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Ensure the provision of robust accounting services together with the finance team for use by managers/team leaders in planning and controlling income and expenditure and in monitoring income and expenditure against targets.
- Advise, inform, and hold accountable senior management on matters affecting financial planning, results, and reporting.
- Coordinate the creation, development, and monitoring of the organization’s budget and projection processes in alignment with its strategy and plan.
- Analyze and interpret financial results and trends. Direct the development of financial management reports, and present findings and recommendations to the Board, Executive Director, Senior Management Team and other internal and external audiences as appropriate.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Senior Management Team on human resources planning and development of organisational support functions.
- Develop and champion the organisation’s People Strategy, and ensure its implementation through human resources, performance management, staff development, working environment and the use of IT tools.
- Develop strong internal relationships that revolve around the introduction and implementation of organisational support processes and policies to establish the confidence of the staff.
- Supervision of Organisational Support Department staff, including performance management and objective setting and staff development. Facilitate the resolution of personnel issues between departments and manage emerging priorities and organizational projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant educational qualification, preferably in HR Management, Finance, Economics or Business Management
Skills & Expertise
- Experienced in working with multicultural senior staff and teams
- Experienced in implementing and bringing about significant positive changes in work culture, practices, and performance
- Negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Management skills
- English essential, Arabic or French preferable
- More than 10 years of relevant working experience, of which minimal 7 years relevant senior management-leadership experience, preferably in non for profit international organisation
Commitment to Greenpeace’s core values in response to environmental and peace issues through non-violent direct action-led campaigning in line with its mission.
Greenpeace MENA is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and irrespective of gender, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
How to apply
Please send your C.V and cover letter focusing on the qualifications, skills and expertise noted to this link no longer than 26 October 2021.
Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to individual queries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a time period of 2 weeks from the closing date of application.